Physics Growth and Characterization Labs: This facility is housed in the basement of the new CoorsTek building (CK040, CK040B, CK040 Cleanroom). It is equipped with
- Class 1000 cleanroom, including
- fume hoods
- thermal evaporators
- sputtering chambers (DC and RF)
- tube furnace
- Dimension 3100 Atomic Force Microscope
- Diverse chararacterization techniques, including
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Raman spectroscopy
- scanning electron microscopy
- Hall effect measurements
These labs are currently in use by researchers for a wide spectrum of research ranging from characterization of chemicals used in petroleum extraction to the fabrication of nano-scale devices for quantum transport.
To gain access to this lab, please contact Meenakshi Singh (email@example.com) or K. Xerxes Steirer (firstname.lastname@example.org).